Monday, July 9, 2012

♪♫♪♫Let me Entertain you....♪♫♪♫

Finding the time to avail myself of all the forms of entertainment on this Island is problematic.  


Stonecliffe Hotel on top of the Island is a fun Tuesday evening destination. Each Tuesday promises musical entertainment as well as the paintings of a local artist!  This is me with Teddy Richards an awesome acoustical guitarist.  He has many credits to his name, but I was most impressed that he is the lead guitarist for Aretha Franklin!!










The Los Angeles Youth Choir, Boy's Ensemble,  sang at Windermere Point with Lake Huron and lighthouse as a back drop.







This is the Little Stone Church, a Congregationalist Church, of which I am a member.  I attend church about 7 times a year, and Reverend Vince Carroll, a retired Navy Chaplain, and his 45-minute power-packed services carry me through the remaining 45 weeks of the year! My good friend, Ted...the Senior usher at the church....even let me be an "usherette" one Sunday this year.  :)  Thanks, Ted!!

And this is Mr. Darwyn Apple, an experienced violinist with a bio a mile-long, who provided the OUTSTANDING music for this past Sunday's service. 


This Wednesday at Grand Hotel, this gentlemen, Jim Lenfesty --- not a particularly flattering photo of Jim --- will do his weekly poetry session on Henry David Thoreau with sessions on Ranier Maria Rilke, Linda Pastan, Tomas Transtromer and others throughout the summer. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And there is more, so much more, to do here.  And if I really want more, I can ride my bike around to Mission Point and catch their weekly movie.  While the kids were here, it was MEN IN BLACK, 3.  I opted out of this one, but I always know that at each movie, I will share the theatre with bats!!

If you would like to take advantage of a "real" blog about Mackinac Island with a "real" blogger, may I suggest you google Bree'sBlog and take a ride with Brenda Horton from Lake Blackshear, Georgia!!
##



No comments:

Post a Comment